30 December, 2010

Body Combat and some kettlebell action

What's this?  A new class to try?  Why yes I think it is!  Today was the first day that I have checked out the Body Combat class.  It has a Tae Robics feel to it.  For me, it is not as high intensity as Tae Robics though.  I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the class.  I had fun and I was sweating.  Should give it a go if you like some punching and kicking action for sure.  My CF workout today:


Three rounds for time of:
30 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 poods (modified to 1 pood)
25 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball (modified to 10 pound ball)
20 Pull-ups
Total Time: 9:47

I can't tell you how much I love my kettlebell.  I get so much joy using it.  If you haven't tried it I strongly suggest giving it a whirl.  They are great fun.  So I modified the kettlebell weight because my kettlebell is only 1 pood.  I had to modify the ball because the gym only has a 10 pound.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen a 20 pound ball.  Perhaps a new toy for me!  Just for the record, a pull-up to me is palms towards you.  A chin-up is palms facing outward.  Anyways it was a great second workout after Combat.  There was another CF workout that I was going to do tonight but because I need to utilize a few different things all at once, I thought it would be better to skip it for now.  I plan on getting that workout in on Saturday morning or Sunday morning.  I have to find out what time the gym opens on Saturday.  It will be interesting to perform this workout in the morning because I do not lift weights in the morning.  I only do cardio.  So this will be a pretty decent shock to my body.  I'm not complaining about that though.  A shock to my body is a very good ting.  You don't want to continue to do the same thing over and over.  One you may get bored but two, you don't want your body to become used to the same routine.  You have to change it up and keep shocking your body.  That's why I change what classes I do, how many I do, when I run, what days I have off, etc.  Keeps the body guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment