21 December, 2010

Pilates and Tabata

Tuesday!  Four more days until Christmas.  You have to get those extra workouts in if you want to eat a lot on Christmas. Then back to the gym on the 26th to work it all off!  So today for the first time ever, I tried a pilates class.  I have been debating on trying yoga or pilates.  From what I have heard, if I want my core to be stronger then pilates is they way to go.  We all know that my core needs to be stronger!  This class was done on a reformer.  Reformer or not I FELT my core for sure with this one.  I can say it was more of a challenge then expected which is a great thing.  I'm always looking for something to test me and push me to the edge.  This class did not disappoint!  I will look for more pilates classes.

This afternoon was another fun session of CF.  Today I showed them a Tabata workout.  It consisted of:

DB swing/DB snatch
DB Shoulder Press
Lunges with DB

The final part was various core exercises like plank, high clappers, and threading the needle.  As last time everyone did great!  I was happy that people enjoyed learning about CF and I hope that they continue to learn more about it.  Thank you to the Thomson YMCA for letting me show you CF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment