23 December, 2010

Cycle and cleans

Well today I started my morning off with a round of Cycle class.  I do not take the cycle class very often.  Not that I do not not like it, I just usually find something else that I like to do more.  I tell you that seat is really not comfortable in the least.  Not that it is meant to be though.  That was at 0600.  It was a good class.  This was a new trainer for me and I like the way that she ran the class.  I will pop back in from time to time.  Later on I went back to the gym for some CF action.


155 pound Squat Clean and Jerk, 30 reps  {modified to 135 pound and no time}

The barbell goes from ground to overhead, passing through a front squat in which the crease of the hip passes below the height of the kneecap. The finish position is with the arms, hips and knees fully extended, arms overhead, with at least a portion of the ear visible in front of the arm.

I really wanted to focus on getting the technique down for this one so I opted to not time it however I still had a pep in my step with each rep.  I rested for no longer than 30 seconds between each rep.  I have to say I'm starting to like cleans a lot.  Just the whole movement from the ground all the way up is great.  You feel your whole body getting involved.  All in all a good workout day!  Can't wait to see what is in store for tomorrow.

I am working on getting my eating habits re-organized.  I'm determined to get my waist where I think it should be and if that means having to sacrifice, then so be it.  It will be a challenge in the beginning but hey so was actually going to the gym when I first started up.  If I feel the the new changes are hindering me rather then helping me, I will change it up again.  Should be an interesting next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment