13 December, 2010

Brenton

Yay I knew I would get that second workout in.  Who are we kidding here it is me we are talking about.  Well this I have to say is a new one for me.  I had never even heard of a bear crawl until today.  The bear crawl plus the jump will be sure to give your legs a very punishing (that means good!) workout.


"Brenton"

Five rounds for time of:
Bear crawl 100 feet
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet

Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
Total Time: 13:31

Aren't I the lucky one.  I just happen to have a 20 lb. weighted vest sitting all alone since October.  That was remedied.  As soon as I was done with that last burpee, I wasted no time in whipping that vest off and had a nice chat with the floor.  For me I was able to broad jump 25 ft. for every 5.  So lucky me again I needed to complete 60 burpees!

  This is one of those workouts where if you have the room, you can do it at your house.  I just happen to have the room so I did just that.

After this was done, I worked on the 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups program.  Let me start (in regards to these programs) with that even though I do workout a lot, push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups are not a strong suit for me. Yes I can do 100 push-ups over a short time period but not consecutively.  Same goes for the 200 sit-ups.  Now I'm not saying that following these programs will guarantee that you will be able to do this, but I like the fact that they have a program already laid out and I just follow it.  No guess work involved.  I have not finished either program because I forget about them!  With the other workouts I do, it's not that hard.  I knew I was going to start it up again today and I plan to finish it this time.  Wish me luck.

My left foot is still a little sore and has been for some time now.  Not really sure if there is much that can be done about it at this point.  It is nothing painful in the lest so I guess that is something.  It may be something I bring up when I go and get my physical in January.  I don't really want to go but I know I need to.

Time for some yummy protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment