19 December, 2010

Second try on the sprints

Alright so the weather was cooperating fully today.  A nice 4.4° degrees, sun shining, and no storm clouds.  Sounds like a great day to hit the track for some sprints which is exactly what I did.  Dad went to!  Wah hoo!

speed intervals (sprints)
8 rounds of - 2 min. run, 1 min. walk then
8 rounds of - 30 sec. run faster, 45 sec. walk
push-ups and core work from the programs

All in all it was around 4 miles for all of the sprints.  My left foot (no surprise) was throbbing a little for the second set of sprints but whatever!  That was fun running on the track.  Not sure if the schools around me keep the tracks open when school is closed but I will check it out.  Since I will be showing the love of kettlebells and bosu tomorrow to the trainer, I decided to not train with it today.  I have picked out the workout for tomorrow.  Can't wait to see how many people actually show up to this.  It should be a lot of fun!

2 comments: