08 December, 2010

A (very) short history lesson on me

Here is my brief story as to how I got to where I am today.

     2.5 years ago, I was living large.  Literally.  I was a size 50'' waist, 250 pounds, on a 5' 5'' frame.  It was not a good sight in the least.  Then something, we shall say stressful occurred in life.  Typically when something stressful would happen I would turn straight to food.  Yes I was certainly an emotional eater.  This time it was different.  Twenty days prior to said event, I had joined up at LA Fitness.  I had only gone a few times and the times I went I could not stand it.  While I wanted to lose weight, I was not willing to really put the time in.  I wanted a quick fix like so many others.  The truth is though, there is no quick fix.
     Fast forward to the 21st day.  So here I was stress out of my mind, smoking uncontrollably (I smoked at this time), and actually didn’t eat anything for the next five days.  The only thing in my body was what little water I consumed and about seven packs of cigs.  I had a choice.  To either drown my emotions in endless amounts of food and continue to gain weight, or try something different and go to the gym to work out my stress.  I chose the latter.
     To say working out was hard would be a lie.  It was absolute HELL for me.  For a person who had not worked out properly in over 7 years I literally thought I was going to die.  My first training session involved jumping rope 100 times.  I could not even finish that in the allotted time.  The trainer had to go because he had another appointment.  I laid on the floor desperately trying to catch my breath from attempting to jump rope 100 times which I didn’t finish.
     Now, here I am a size 31'' waist, 171 pounds.  I’m still 5'5''.  I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life.  I love working out.  Some say I’m obsessed but I am just very highly motivated.  I work out anywhere from five to seven times a week multiple times throughout the day.  I play hockey, dodge ball, just started bouldering, a member of three gyms, and the list goes on.  Of course there is more to this story but like I said, I would be brief.
                
     So why am I writing this blog?  Well there are a few reasons. 
-To help me keep better track of my workouts, PR’s (personal record), how I'm feeling (before during, after)
-To possibly write about what foods I'm eating and the calories (undecided on this)
-To talk about the things I use such as kettlebells, why I like them, where to get them
-Hopefully motivate people (I guess this one depends on me and if I can make this interesting and fun!)

     For the most part I don't plan on swaying from the above though I'm sure it will happen.  I named it Kitchens Counter because my last name is Kitchens and counter refers to the counting of calories in and calories out, measuring food, reps etc...... 

     So that is it in a nutshell.  Hope that helps explains where I am coming from.  Feel free to ask me any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment