26 December, 2010

Snatch and running

Good evening!  I do apologize I did work out on Christmas day but I did not write about it so I will do so now.

On the twenty fifth all of the gyms were closed so I knew I would not be going there.  Like that is a problem for me.  I have plenty of toys to keep me occupied and not have to go to the gym.  However on this day I decided to make it a cardio day.  It was about -1° outside around noon so I thought it would be fun for a quick six mile run.  I wore two layers of C9 but that was a little too much at least for my upper body.  I wasn't timing it but I do know it was under forty six minutes which is fine with me.  I was just trying to keep my heart rate up and enjoy the run.  Well, I enjoy it when I time it as well.  That was it for exercise on Christmas.

After a wonderful Christmas (Thank you again!), I decided I was going to hit the gym twice today.  Just like a weekday, I decided to get to the gym in the morning for some cardio.  Plus I wanted to pop in the cardio cinema room (They were playing Firewall) so that gave me a good reason to hop on an elliptical. Plus I don't get on an elliptical very often and I wanted to do something different.  I hit that for 45 minutes.

In the afternoon I went back to the gym and it was CF time.  This workout was

Hang power snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps
My sets were - 85 lb., 95 lb., 100 lb., 105 lb., 110 lb., 115 lb., 115 lb., 115 lb., 110 lb., 110 lb.
and push-up/sit-up program

Now I know that the weight is low but when it comes to a snatch, it is not one of my strong lifts.  I can lift more but I really wanted to focus on the technique.  There is a lot to keep track of and pay attention to for a snatch.

So those have been my workouts for the past two days.  A good way to start off the week I would say (with the snatches) and I'm looking forward to see what CF has in store for this week.  Going to try to get some rock climbing in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment