17 December, 2010

Wait didn't I do that already?

Good evening everyone!  The weekend is finally here.  As always it took forever to get here.  That is ok though because we have exercise to help get us there!  So lets see this morning I was able to sleep in until 0700 a rarity for me.  Managed to get dad to go to the gym with me again which is awesome.  Trying to get him back into the grove.  Now normally I will not do a CrossFit workout first thing in the morning.  I like to have some food in me.  I'm sure it is just a mental thing but I feel like I will preform better later in the day when it comes to lifting weights.  Since this workout didn't involve a lot of weight lifting though, I thought I would give it a go.  So my first workout today (before eating which is GOOD), was:


Ten rounds for load and time of:
1 Clean and Jerk (135 lbs.)
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats
Total time:  14:39


Those familiar with CF workouts will notice that this is a modified Cindy.  The addition of the Clean and Jerk certainly adds to it.  I did feel challenged with this workout but I could have done more on the C&J to push that extra bit.  So next time I will bump it up 10-15 more lbs.

Some of you know that I am currently working out at another gym (I promise this is a temporary one!)  When I went in this morning I saw that they had a CF class at 1230.  I was more then excited to check it out and see what things I could learn since I have never been to a CF class.  I talked to the trainer to get a little more information about the class.  She said that due to the time of year, there would not be a lot of people, if any, in the class and that the class is CF like.  That was good enough for me!  I told her that I train using CF and was looking forward to the class.  Well I got there at 1215 and the trainer told me that it was not the trademarked CF, but a class called CF and there wasn't anyone but me.  Ah, now I understand.  However she wanted me to show her a real CF workout.  How could I deny someone the pleasure of showing them the world of CF?  I was more then happy to oblige.  Now the class had to be in a room and they are not allowed to bring bars in but they did have dumbbells.  No problem!  Then one of her friends came in and he decided to join.  Sweet two people to show CF!  I decided to have them do the Brenton workout (which I did a couple of days ago).  This workout doesn't involve any equipment but is still fun and challenging CF style.  She estimated that the room was 25 ft. long which meant we would have two laps back and forth to get 100 ft.  Once we started I realized that the room was closer to 35-40 ft.  No matter though!

"Brenton"

Five rounds for time of:
Bear crawl 100 feet (modified to 160 feet)
Standing broad-jump, 100 feet (modified to 160 feet)


Do three Burpees after every five broad-jumps. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.


Total Time: around 19:00 (no vest)


By the third round the trainer was like "Is this the hardest round?", "OMG my legs and forearms are burning!!"  Good stuff.  At the end they were both winded but said they liked it very much and asked me to come back on Monday to show them more.  I will show them why kettlebells are the best!!


To finish of the evening some sets from the 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups programs are in order.

2 comments: