10 December, 2010

Run!

Good morning to all.  Hope you had a great evening.  I know I did with ice skating!  So being my first day off of work, I thought I would try to sleep in a little.  By sleep in I mean wake up at 0600.  Well I could not do that for two reasons.  The first was I had to go into work this morning.  Even on my day off...... I just had to drop something off though so no big deal.  The second reason was because I woke up at 0500 so I figured might as well get moving.  So today my first workout was

4 mile run outside  Temp outside: 23°/-5°
Total Time: something under 30 (didn't have a watch)

Running out in the cold was not nearly as bad as I had imagined it was going to be.  I'm sure all of the cold gear that I was wearing certainly helped.  Let me say, that stuff is amazing.  I just purchased some two weeks ago because I refused to freeze again when playing hockey and I didn't know what else to buy.  I did not buy Under Armour though.  I purchased C9 by Champion sold at Target.  You know what?  It does the exact same thing for way less.  It kept me warm and wicked the sweat away.  I wore the Duo Dry Cold base layer for my top half and bottom half.  Then I wore the Duo Dry Cold outer layer for my legs and a Duo Dry mid layer for my top.  I also wore the Duo Dry boxers and the Duo Dry skull cap.  I have to say I was warm but not overheated.  Now I wore these items when I was playing hockey but this is the first time for a run.  I enjoyed it.  I will buy a lot more.  I do have to say if you do decide to purchase these, go to the Target in Reston.  They are a lot more organized than the one in Sterling.  It will take some time to find the right items because there is just duo dry then duo dry cold and the various layers.  You have to look at the labels.  I have not found a duo dry cold mid or outer layer for the tops but I have all three layers of duo dry cold for my bottom half.  Unfortunately the Target website isn't very helpful either.  The sizes on the items are pretty dead on which is great.  It is worth the investment if you plan on being outside in the cold for an extended period.  I plan on getting a second workout in but have some things to do so we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment