20 December, 2010

Crossfit for new people!

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!)

What a lovely Monday it has been.  For me to say that is strange because I truly do not like Monday's.  I definitely get a case of the Monday's.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with that I'm off of work  :-)  Back to business.  So today I was able to show 6 people what CrossFit really is.  If you don't count the 2 that were there on Friday and dad then it was really 3.  When I first walked in the trainer said I was in trouble because her shoulders and core were still sore lol.  Well to begin the class she warmed all of us up to get that blood pumping and muscles moving.  Then it was my turn.  I was very nervous but I did it!  The workout was:

50 push-ups
50 squats
50 sit-ups

Total Time: 14:18

I told them that they could do a modified push-up if they wanted to but to do your best to finish and if you need to take a break go for it.  The goal was to finish.  Everyone did great!  After we got done with that, I showed them a few things you can do on the bosu ball and dumbbells.  Then for the ones that were not in the class on Friday I showed them what we did.  We all did a 100 foot bear crawl, 100 standing broad jump with 3 burpees for every 5 jumps to finish off the class.  From what I could tell, and from what people said, they enjoyed the class very much!!!  Yay!!!!  I get to show them another workout tomorrow and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment