05 January, 2011

Xtreme Effects, Nancy, Dodgeball

Food Journal 05-01-11








Sometimes it is a real challenge to wake up extra early in the morning to get to the gym especially when you know the class you are going to is about to really wake you up.  As most people will tell you, I get up early anyways even when I don’t go to the gym.  The days I do go though, I have to get up earlier in order to make sure everything I normally do is done in order to get to work on time.  Once you get to the gym though and start stretching and warming up you know you are about to have a great workout plus it is an awesome way to start your day. 
When I woke up this morning at 0445 my stomach was not a happy camper.  Not that I did anything about it.  I just want to keep track of how I feel during this time of counting calories.  I’m not really sure if I am eating enough but time will tell.  Anyways my first workout today was Xtreme Effects.  I really do enjoy this class a lot because it is a class that you intentionally burn out on during the sets and you are meant to take short breaks and come back and push more.  I promise it will get your heart pumping. 


So I got to work and picked up a latte today.  They raised the price!  Well I don't get them everyday like I  used to which is good.  Seeing as I am counting calories now, I may get one once a week if that.  If I have earned it.  Wednesday would definitely be the day to earn it after that class.  Around 1400 I was feeling a little tired and weak.  Now I'm not sure if that was because of my body getting used to the calorie intake or if it was because of the lack of sleep I got last night.  I tossed and turned last night and that does make a difference.  When I got to the gym though I woke back up for my second workout. Such a good workout as all CF's workouts are:


Nancy

5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps
Total Time: 13:43


The first 3 sets of 400 meters I ran at 10.0.  The fourth one was 10-10.5 and the last one 10.5-12.0.  I think I should have pushed myself for 10.5 for all of them at the minimum.   The OH Squats went well.  Considering I have had 3 straight days of squats, lunges, etc.  A note for the next time.  Overall I am satisfied with the time.  So long as I get a better time when it comes around again.


Tonight is the first night of dodgeball!  Now I know you might not think you will get a workout from throwing a ball but you would be surprised.  It is great fun.  I may add one more protein shake after dodgeball is done.  It depends on how I feel.  I'm going to try not to though.  Go Shooting Lunatics!  Feel free to come out and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment