24 January, 2011

Give me a break

So let me begin from Friday the 21st.

As I said on my last post

"Hopefully I don't pay for it tomorrow."


Well I did.  When I woke up Friday morning my right thigh and knee were killing me.  I was literally limping the whole day.  So with the hurt thumb, open wound, and throbbing leg, I decided I should probably take a day off from the gym.  In addition to that, I decided to call my GP who gave me a referral to get an x-ray on Saturday.  Saturday morning????  That means no CF.  Damnit!!  This was not turning out to be a good weekend.  With my newfound time, I decided to head on over to Harris Teeter, Trader Joe's, and Wegmans for price comparison on organic and natural meat.  To no surprise, Wegmans was cheaper than the others and they had more of a selection.  Looks like I found my winner.  I also picked up some yummy bison too since I was there.  So now I know where I will be shopping for this Paleo-Zone nutrition plan that I will be embarking on.  I thought I had started a week ago however, I failed to do proper research.  While I have modified what I am eating, it is not paleo.  Think of it as weeding out what I will not be eating for paleo.  Now that I have done more research on what foods I can eat, I am about to begin on putting together my meals.

So on Saturday I went and got my x-ray.  I love technology.  Not only is it digital but they gave me a copy on cd!  I looked at the pictures and to me it looked like two little pieces were next to my thumb.  Are they bone?  I have no clue I'm not a doctor.  At that point though I knew I should probably just not use my thumb until I heard back from my GP on Monday.  I ended up taking Saturday and Sunday off.  Three whole days.  What in the world is going on?  Honestly I can't tell you the last time I took three days off.



Today I got a call from the doc and surprise! I have a fracture. I made an appointment with an orthopedic and I will see them tomorrow morning to find out what I have to do to get my thumb healed and move on.  So I knew no big upper body stuff today.  I decided to grab something off the CFE site.

Run: 3x( 200m + 400m+ 600m)
core stuff

On the second round I put the incline up to 1.5.  On the third round I put the incline up to 2.0.  I know it is not much but I wanted to add something to it.  I feel much better now that I have gone to the gym.

I can pretty much kiss dodgeball goodbye for this season and climbing will most likely be on hold.  I'm trying not to get ahead of myself though.  Until I hear what they say tomorrow who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment