15 January, 2011

FGB, Body Step and Bears oh my!

What a great day it has been.  Lots of activities.  Well this morning was the new release of Body Step at Gold's Gym.  A few of my friends are Les Mills trainers and were introducing the new release.  How could I say no?!  I know that some people think that working out on a Saturday at 0800 is crazy but trust me, I have been up much earlier for exercise.  I have to say I really like this new release.  Track 10 is awesome.  If you have a membership I would recommend you give it a go.  I would have stayed for some of the other new releases like Body Attack, but I just can't say no to a CrossFit workout at my favorite gym, CrossFit Impavidus.  I head over there and on Saturday it is free workout day!  What does that mean?  That means even if you are not a member, you can come on over and see what CrossFit Impavidus is all about.  Today it was a FGB (Fight Gone Bad) style workout.  A FGB workout is:

"In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating" ~CrossFit.com


3 rnds
Kb swing
Wall ball
Burpees
Knees to elbows
Box jump
Total reps: 331

The total reps is the total amount of reps from each round.  So if I had 15 kb swing then moved on to wall ball, my next rep would be 16.  It was a great workout.  As CF Impavidus said on their FB page:

"Awesome turnout for the FREE 10am Saturday Workout!!! 20 folks were doing high intensity CrossFit movements, and where else can you get a workout like that in less than an hour?? We love doing CrossFit in Ashburn!" ~ CF Impavidus

After that I ran over for some ice skating.  I met up with a few friends and I ran into a bear!




After that I went to SportRock and man I really have a lot to learn with rock climbing.  Today I just stuck to bouldering and checked out one of the rooms with some practice items.  It was a really fun day today.  I'm a bit tired.  Going for a run tomorrow and since I have off on Monday I will be able to go to a CF workout in the morning.  YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment