20 January, 2011

That run did not go so well

As I said on Tuesday I was going to take Wednesday off and I was successful in doing so.  Go me.  Is it sad that I have to force myself to not workout?  I don't think so.  Today I decided that I was going to do the run I did not do last week.  Not sure if that was a good idea or not.  It started off just like any other run I do but a quarter into I got a charley horse in my right thigh.  I tried to just shrug it off but it got so tight that I had to stop.  STOP!  What the hell.  I don't stop during runs.  This time I had no choice.  My leg was not taking any weight without pain.  So I stretched out and walked for a minute or two before getting back to running.  It was still a little tender but bearable.  Then it happened again.  Once again I had to stop and stretch and walk for a minute.  By now I was pretty upset that the run was not going as expected.  I do my best to not stop and for an 8 mile run, there really shouldn't be a reason to do so.  I kept going though.  I was not about to turn around defeated.  I ended up stopping a total of 4 times but I did finish the 8 miles.  My left thigh was getting sore and well as both my soleus on both legs.  I'm guessing that I didn't do enough stretching before running.  To be fair I did kind of just run through the stretching.  I was trying to start so I could get done before it got dark.  Lesson learned.  Don't skimp on the stretching.  Hopefully I don't pay for it tomorrow.  We will see.

On another note, my thumb is still sore.  It will be 3 weeks next Wednesday since I injured it.  I know if I stopped using it it would probably heal faster but that means not lifting.  I'm giving it some thought though.

No comments:

Post a Comment