03 January, 2011

Run, body conditioning, calorie counting

The 3rd day of the new year.  Lets hope that this year lots of good things!  So this morning I was able to get up and head to the gym.  I wanted to get there at 0500 but I got there at 0515.  I also wanted to do sprints but the treadmills didn't have the option.  So I decided to run 3 miles at an 8.0.  Finished in 22:30.  I know that is nothing great and I should have pushed myself a hell of a lot more.  After the work day was done I went back to the gym for the Body Conditioning class.  I really enjoy that class.  Today was heavy weights and reps not cardio based like last week.  A very good class.

Today I started the fun calorie counting.  I know to some it is a chore, and even to me it is but I want to lose more weight and this is one of the ways I know how to do it along with increasing my time at the gym.  The trick is to find a balance so your body burns the bad stuff and not the good stuff.  I am keeping track of my measurements as well as how much I'm lifting.  If is appears that it is going south, then I will adjust.  I plan on doing this for two months.  Do I plan on going two months without cheat days?  No not at all.  I will still have a cheat day here or there.  Not that many.  So what did I eat today?  click here to see.  Now keep in mind that the total calories you see are what I have consumed.  That does not include the calories that I have burned working out or from my BMR.  Hopefully this is enough nutrition for my body so it does not start eating itself.  I know I am missing green in the five different colors today.  I am going to pick up some broccoli for tomorrow as I need a snack between breakfast and lunch and that will be perfect.  Lets see what this does to me!

You may or may not have noticed on the spreadsheet that I do not drink a lot.  That is not because I do not drink a lot.  It is because I drink a lot of water and the water has no calories.  I average about 1.5 to 2 gallons a day.  I also drink 2 or more cups of Celestial Seasonings Authentic Green Tea which again has no calories.  As far as the spreadsheet, I am going to only have one spreadsheet with each day as a new sheet.



[Edit 04 January, 2011 0652] added third paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment