17 January, 2011

First blood!

What an awesome workout I had this morning.  I definitely pushed hard.  Let me go over my workout from yesterday real quick first.

Tabata run with 12% incline on 5k pace (ran at 5k pace -30 seconds so 7.9) wearing 20 lb. vest.
Also worked on the core.

What is a Tabata workout?

"Tabata Intervals (20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest repeated 8 times)" ~ CF Main

How many workouts do you know that only last 4 minutes but will make you work?  You get what you put into it. By the 6th round I was pushing very hard to finish up.  I had to really grind my teeth.  I didn't fall off so that is a plus.  This was the first time I have done this workout.  It was suggested to me by one of the coaches at CF Impavidus.  The workout didn't disappoint!

Since I have today off, I thought I would pop on over to CF Impavidus at 0600 for a change.  As always, it was a great workout.  I am happy to say I have bled for CF now.  Yes I know that is an odd thing to say but to me it means I worked and finished!


5 rds for time
Run 200 m
Lunge 50 ft
10 Kip Pull Ups
Total Time: 11:12

For some reason I wasn't able to keep a good grip with my left hand on the last set of pull-ups.  So much so that on the last 4 I stopped to readjust and looked at my hand.  Ah blood!  So that's why I can't get a grip.  I hopped down and grabbed some chalk with my right hand and put it on my left and kept going.  Thanks to the coaches who kept pushing to get me and everyone to get done.






Tonight I'm going to my second class at Sportrock.  I will be stopping at the store to get some tape first.  Trying to keep the bandage on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment