13 January, 2011

Get it done!

The physical went fine today as expected.  Blood results will take a week but I'm not worried.  I was just glad it was over so I could get some food!  I have been talking to the coaches at CF and a few of them do use the paleo diet while others do the zone.  Some are strict with what they eat and some are not.  It seems to depend on the person.  I don't necessarily think one is better than the other.  It is about eating healthy and what works for you.  I'm pretty sure that I am going to give paleo a whirl for 30 days.  The hardest thing for me to give up would be my oatmeal and yogurt in the morning.  As far as dairy, that is the only thing I have normally and for grains, I usually have two pieces of bread and fiber one cereal.  The bread and fiber one I can go without but the oatmeal and yogurt would be hard.  So what I think I will do is keep those two things and that's it.  I have until Monday to decide.  I'm also working on trying to get more sleep.  4-6 hours is just not enough and I know I need to get more to give my body the rest it needs.  Lastly I'm trying to not be as obsessive at working out every single day.  The reason I am working on these three things is because I have hit a plateau.  I have not seen noticeable improvement in lifting nor have I seen in with my body.  A change like this will be a good thing.  I know with joining CF Impavidus, things will only start to improve.

The WOD for today was:


5 rds for time

20 Dbl Under
10 Thrusters (95 pounds)

Time: 12:17

I wanted under 9:41 because someone in the morning got that time.  As you can see, I did not make that at all.  I would have had under 12 had it not been for the two fails I had on the thrusters.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my time.  I think I did well and I gave it everything I had which is exactly what I am supposed to do.  Hell I had two fails!  That is not a bad thing in my book.  When this workout rolls around again, I will not have fails and the time will be better.

I can't express how happy I am that I joined CF Impavidus.  It is just a totally different environment.  If I can get one person to see it how I do......

No comments:

Post a Comment