06 January, 2011

Stairmaster, Body Combat, Hurt Thumb

Food Journal 06-01-11


So lets start with last night.  Dodgeball was great.  Even though we didn't win the game, we did very well.  I had a lot of fun.  Sadly my left thumb didn't.  On one of the rounds when running to get the ball, I managed to jam my thumb right into the ground.  Not surprisingly I continued to play.  It really wasn't hurting all that much.  After the game I went home, took a shower and went to bed.  That is when the throbbing began.  I decided to just deal with it because I really do not taking any type of medicine unless I have to.  So another restless night for me.  The alarm rang at 0430 and I heard it and was awake but refused to move.  Next thing I knew it was 0505.  Time to get up if I was going to make it to the gym.  Well I rolled out of bed and what do I get in my left thigh?  A nice charley horse.  Talk about something to wake you up.  Luckily it only lasted about 15 seconds.  After it subsided, I continued to get ready.  Then without warning, I get a charley horse in my right thigh. This one was considerably worse and lasted a wonderful 15 minutes.  So by now it is 0520, my thighs hurt and my thumb is throbbing.  I would guess that some people would take that as a sign to not go to the gym but not me!  I was running late which sucked.  Managed to get to the gym at 0530.  So now I was really pushed for time if I was to work out and get back to do everything in time to get to work.  I was on the stairmaster for 20 minutes then hit the core for 10.  Honestly I was very disappointed in this workout because I had planned on being on the stairmaster for 30 and then core work but I was out of time.

I knew lifting weights at least with my arms was out of the question because I had no grip with my left hand.  I was really looking forward to the CF workout as always but I don't think it would be wise of me seeing as I am unable to grip the bar properly.  I had planned on going to the Body Combat class so I went to that as my second workout.  It was fun and I was definitely sweating.

As much as I do not want to, I have to take the day off tomorrow.  I am going to the doctor to check my thumb.  It is swollen and I have some green/purplish bruising going on.  On top of that, my thighs are still quite sore from this morning.  My thumb better be ready for Saturday though as I have kettlebell class and rock climbing class on Monday.

The pics:  Not sure if you can really tell in the pictures what my thumb looks like but I figured I would try to show you.

Which one is swollen?
There is slight discoloration under the thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment