11 January, 2011

Rock Climbing class thoughts and 1st WOD at Impavidus

My head is slightly spinning with the amount of information I tried to remember from last nights class.  It was really fun.  I learned about how to use your legs and not your upper body.  I want to keep pulling myself up using my arms but I am going to wear out a lot quicker that way.  I also learned about super ninja feet!  He was talking about when watching experienced climbers you will notice that they do not make noise i.e. rub their feet against the wall and they also climb with their big toe not with their whole foot.  Keeping your arms straight is going to be a bit of a challenge for me but I'm up to the task!  I'm heading back to Sport Rock on Saturday to practice what I was taught.  What is the point in going to class if you aren't going to practice.  On Saturday's they have people there that can help out which is what I want because I want to make sure that my technique is correct.  I want to start off on the right foot with good climbing technique in order to excel.

Last night was even worse in terms of sleep.  I literally got up every 45 minutes.  It totally sucked.  At least I was up at 0420 so I could go ahead and hit the gym on time!  I wasn't tired when I woke up which was surprising.  My first WOD today was:

5 rounds for time of:
10 KB swings (40 pound)
10 Wall Ball (16 pound)
20 Jump Rope (single jump)

Total Time: 5:09

After I was done with that I went ahead and hit the core as well before heading out.

Remember when I said that my first WOD at Impavidus was going to be tomorrow evening?  Well, it was today!!!  The first thing we did was warm up of course but then we got to the WOD:

Tabata Squat
2 minute rest
Tabata burpee

Total: 18 squats, 6 burpees


That was a great first WOD at Impavidus!!  I'm so happy you have no idea.  I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment