09 January, 2011

CrossFit Impavidus, weekend workouts






What a great weekend this has been!  Let me start with Friday though.....

So Friday I took the day off from working out.  With the thumb still sore, legs aching, lack of sleep my body was not really having it.  To be fair I know I need to take days off.  That was my first day off in the last eight.  I have a problem with taking days off.  I feel that if I do I will not get better but I know that taking days off and letting my body recover is what I really need to do.  Something that I am working on for sure.  As far as food is concerned for Friday, I decided to let it be a cheat day.  A cheat day means I am not writing down what I am eating.  That doesn't mean I am going to go crazy with the food I'm just not counting calories.  A cheat day should be a day where I don't feel guilty about what I eat but to be honest I do.  I try not to think about it (which is why I don't write the numbers) because it will just drive me nuts.  Another one of my obsessions that I need to work on. Deep down I know food is not the enemy but I can't help but think it is.

Saturday was the best day ever.  A new CrossFit gym opened in Ashburn.  CrossFit Impavidus (Facebook page).  They had an open house that day and it was free for anyone to come and check out.  As you know I love CrossFit and have been following the workouts for 2.5 years now.  I have always thought about joining a CF gym but money was part of the reason and I was able to do CF on my own at any gym.  Seeing as this was a chance to see how a CF gym worked, I figured why not.  OH MY GOSH.  It was everything I thought it was going to be and more.  All of the wonderful bars, rings, rubber weight plates, boxes, ROPES, the coaches, the atmosphere.... believe me I could go on.  I had planned on going just to try it out and not join but once I got there, I knew I wasn't leaving without signing up.  Every 30 minutes they had a WOD just to give people a feel of what it was going to be like.  I was able to try out the first WOD:

1 minute box jumps
40 squats
30 sit-ups
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups
Total Time: 3:20

Let me say it is a great feeling not to have to wear a watch and keep track of time!  The feeling of doing a WOD with others around you, encouraging you to keep going and to not quit is invigorating.  When you finish you have people there saying great job and way to go.... it is amazing.  I'm not saying I do not have people who support me now, but this is in a different way.  My first WOD is going to be Wednesday evening and I can't wait.  It would be tomorrow but my first rock climbing class is tomorrow evening.  So many things to do!  After the WOD I talked to some of the coaches and they are all great.  I can't wait to work with them.  I was able to try climbing the rope and I made it to the top!  YAY!  I have cancelled my LA Fitness membership.  I finished off my Saturday workout with my favorite class at Golds, kettlebell class.  I told the instructor about the new CF gym and he thought that was awesome.

Now for today.  It was a pretty quiet day in the world of exercise for me.  My workout was:


Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
400 meter run
5 Deadlifts
Total Rounds: 4 +1

For the deadlifts I did 250 pounds.  The plus 1 is because I was not able to complete a 5th set within the 12 minutes.  Honestly if the treadmill and barbell were on the same level I'm confident that I would have been able to get 6 rounds but that's ok.  The stairs add a little bit to the workout.

I need to get better at writing down what I eat over the weekend.  With the exception of Friday, I should have been keeping track of what I ate. Outside of a piece of cake today at a birthday party, I did eat fine.  The problem is I didn't measure anything.  Something to work on this weekend.  Also I believe I am not eating enough.  My RMR is about 1800.  If I am only consuming that much not including working out then I have a problem.



Pictures from CrossFit Impavidus  (The following pictures are courtesy of CrossFit Impavidus taken by Stephanie Hoaglund):





No comments:

Post a Comment