08 December, 2010

Xtreme!

     I struggled a little waking up but once I actually cracked open my eyes to see 0445 on the clock, plus the loud buzzing of the alarm, I knew I had to get up.  It is not always easy getting up early in the morning but looking at myself in the mirror tends to motivate me as I still have a long way to go.  This morning I decided to take Xtreme Effects with Suzanne.  This is only the second time I have taken her class.  My friend Cathy came to the class!  To say Suzanne is extreme is an understatement.  That class may be only 30 minutes, but it is 30 minutes that your heart will be at that 75-85% limit and you will have a mini pool next to you.  In short, it is a very good high intensity class and I think a great way to start off the morning.  To be fair, any type of exercise is a great way to start your morning.
     So after class I headed to work and I did good and did not purchase my grande skinny vanilla latte.  I have been cutting back on them a lot so this isn't really anything new.  Aside from saving $4.11 a day (Which is $82.20 a month for 20 work days!) I am also saving 130 calories which I do not need.  As the saying goes "Don't drink your calories!"  I've never really had a problem with that.  I love water so much that I actually limit myself to no more than 2 gallons a day.  Typically I will consume 1.5 gallons though.  I also have two cups of Authentic Green Tea (as authentic as a tea bag can get), and I will have a low carb or no carb Monster drink every now and again.  Very rarely do I have a soda and fruit drinks to me seem like empty calories since I eat plenty of fruit and veggies everyday.  I also have an adult beverage every so often :)
     I am wide awake and ready to tackle the day!  After work I plan on heading over to LA Fitness to get my Crossfit on.  Depending on how that goes, I may swing by Sportrock and do a little bouldering.  We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Suzanne will kick your butt and that is a heck of a lot of savings from the latte :) GOOD LUCK Jason!

    ReplyDelete