30 August, 2011

30 August 2011

I have determined that the strength day that kills me the most is deadlift day.  Now don't get me wrong, when I am done with all of these days, I know I worked myself to the point where there is nothing left.  It just seems to hit a bit harder with deadlifts.  It really isn't that surprising though considering you are working your entire body.  I wish globo would allow me to record myself.  I want to see my form.  Yes I am working on "feeling" my form but it helps to be able to see it as well.

Deadlift 3 x 3
295, 315, 330

Yeah that was heavy.

Deadlift 15-12-9
185#

Before I lifted I was debating on putting on another 10# but I'm really glad I didn't.  This was the correct weight for me for this set as I did find it challenging but I was still able to complete it.  Of course after I was done I was like whoa.  That sure made me work.  I still wasn't done though.  Still had my WOD to knock out.  Today I just stayed at globo for the WOD.

For time (max 10 min.):
Ground to overhead 115# 15 reps
Burpees 15 reps
Ground to overhead 115# 15 reps
Time: 7:10

This is one of those WODs that at first glance I thought I could knock this out with relative ease.  I actually was going to put on 135#.  I mean after all this is the CFSB.  How else am I suppose to get stronger if I don't push.  At the same time, you have to know where you currently are.  Just because I know I can do 135# I have to take in consideration what I just finished prior to it.  If it was just a straight WOD then yes definitely 135#.  Good thing I stuck with 115# because after I hit that last rep I got lightheaded and kind of was "not there" is the best term I can come up with for a bit.  To me that's not a bad thing.  Finally I worked on back squats with a pvc on a box and pistols on a box.  Gotta work those hamstrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment