02 August, 2011

02 August 2011

At CrossFit SoCal yesterday, it was all about lifting!  Some power cleans and bench press to be exact.  I don't see a lot of bench press so it was going to be interesting to see how much I was going to do.  Before getting to the WOD, you must warm-up!

3 min. double under
10 quad stretch
10 walking toy soldiers
10 reverse toy soldiers
10 OHS
5 jumping pull-ups
10 kipping pull-ups
5 chest to bar pull-ups
10 GHD sit ups
10 GHD back extensions
5 HSPU with 3 abmats
5 HSPU with 2 abmats
5 HSPU with 1 abmats
5 HSPU

After the warm-up we performed some lifts.

Power Snatch 3 sets of 2. 1 set every minute.

Power Clean 3 sets of 2. 1 set every minute.

Push Jerk 3 sets of 2. 1 set every minute.


I kept the weight low (95#) for the power snatch because I am still working on my form.  I feel that I am doing better though.  For the power clean and push jerk I did 135#.  Coach Nick noticed while I was doing the push jerk, I wasn't pushing my knees out.  I was keeping them straight.  So I did a few more and he said that it was better.


For the WOD, SoCal had three different levels for you to choose from.  At first I was looking to do level one.  Honestly I was sure that I would be able to power clean 155# for level two much less do it for four rounds.  I'm not sure if it's the fear of failing, lack of confidence or what but I need to stop second guessing myself and just pick up the bar and lift.  When we did the power clean lift, I did 135# and felt fairly certain that I could do 155# for the four rounds.


4 rounds for time:


5 power clean 155#
5 bench press 155#
Time: 5:38


The last two sets of bench I had to break up 3-1-1.  On the 4th power clean of the last set I could tell that I started pulling my arms before I had full hip extension (on that specific one not on the previous lifts)!  Why is this good?  Well I mean it's not good that I lifted poorly but it is very good that I knew I did it incorrect.  I realized what I did and corrected it for the last lift. 


Today will be my last WOD with SoCal until the next time I get out here.  I have enjoyed WODing with them and their family but it will be nice to see my Impavidus family.  Tonite we get it on Jackie.  3...2....1...Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment