20 August, 2011

20 August 2011

Today finished up my first full week with the CFSB program.  My thoughts on it so far are it seems to be a good program.  It took more out of me than I expected it to.  I am making sure that I am eating clean because I know that fueling my body correctly will help in reaping the benefits.  One thing I really really need to work on is getting more sleep.  5 hours of sleep is not enough for my body to recover from everything I am throwing at it.  I crashed very hard on my first rest day, Wednesday, due to lack of sleep.  I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it.  I'll get there!

Shoulder Press 3 x 5
105, 110, 115

Shoulder press is one of my weakest lifts, next to OHS, and I am looking forward to increasing my strength on this one for sure.  The first two sets went by pretty fine but the last set I really had to push hard to get the last two reps above my head.

Shoulder Press 10-7-4
85#

I initially started this one with 100#.  I figured based on the 3 x 5 and my 1RM I thought that it would be challenging but something I could do.  Now with this protocol, you must complete each set unbroken i.e. you pick up that bar, you don't put it down until that set is done.  So I hit the first set with 100# and finished it.  Was feeling it in my shoulders but not surprising.  Rest one minute then off for the set of 7.  I got to the third one and yeah it wasn't going above my head unless I push pressed which isn't the workout!  So I dropped it to 85 and at this point even that was challenging but I did finish it.  I have to remember that this is a 6 week cycle and even if the weight isn't what I thought I could do, that's fine because the whole point of this is to gain in strength.  I'm confident I will have 100# down at some point during or and the very end.

Metcon was set for 20 minute Max.  I chose a modified Helen.

3 rounds for time of:

50 Double Unders
21 KB swings 55#
12 Pull-Ups
Tine: 11:15

It should have been a 1.5 pood KB but globo had 55 so that had to do.  I actually struggled with the double unders quite a bit.  Those that know me, know I'm fairly decent at double unders and for me to string 50 is nothing.  It wasn't happening at all today.  I really could not catch my rhythm today.  Of course that didn't stop me, it just added more time!  Whew......rest day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment