11 August, 2011

11 August 2011

Today was another CFSB day for me.  On deck today was the mighty back squat.  Now personally I prefer a front squat anyday but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the back squat.  You have to pay attention when performing this (weight in heels, chest up, toes pointing, knees now bowing) just like you do with any other squat.  To me though, you can cheat on a back squat more so then a front squat.  Granted doing so will potentially hurt you and will not help your form at all.

Back Squat 3x5

225#, 230#, 230#

Could I have gone past 230?  More then likely yes but doing so would have compromised my form.  The reason I didn't go any higher was on the last one on the second set when coming from the bottom, I felt myself leaning forward instead of coming straight up.  So the last 5 I really concentrated on making sure I was getting the form correct.

So after that little stint I headed over to the box for the WOD and what did I see?  Deadlifts!  Oh wait I just did that on Tuesday.  Not for a metcon though!

25-15-10 rep rounds of

Deadlift 225#
Box jump 24''
Time: 5:33

I actually thought I was going to take longer.  The box jump I wasn't worried about at all. It was the deadlifts. If you recall on Tuesday I did 1x20 with 205#.  Yes the goal for that was to go unbroken which I did but I felt it was a good weight.  Now 25 reps with 225#!  I managed to get 18.  Perhaps more for my 1x20 the next time it rolls around.  Have to keep all these stats.  How else would I measure gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment