24 August, 2011

24 August 2011

I have to say out of all the strength days, deadlift day really knocks me a new one.  Which is great.  If I still have energy to workout or feel like I should have done more, then I did not do it correctly.  The point is to push yourself to your max, then push past that.  I can say for sure I was successful in that.

Deadlift 3x3
285, 305, 325

In all honesty the 325# was a mistake.  I was looking for 320 but lucky me couldn't count.  I won't be making that mistake again for next week.  I'm actually thinking about picking up some half # plates and 1 # plates.  Not saying the +5 is bad but I want to have more options as the weight increases.  After all, be it 5# of 1#, increase is increase.

Deadlift 12 =>15
225#

I had to do this twice.  The first time I only got up to 5 reps then dropped the bar.  I'm not sure where my head was at but it sure wasn't with lifting.  I knew I could get 12 so I rested for a minute then got back to it.  I did get 12 and was trying to get up to the 15 but collapsed after the 12th.

At the box we had a nice visit from Diane.  The last time she dropped by, she ripped me a new one.  Well she did the same thing only this time not as bad.  In fact I knocked 3:13 off my time which is fantastic!  It was the HSPU that were killing me as they do with most.

Diane
21-15-9 rep rounds of

Deadlift 225#
HSPU
Time: 9:09

Overall a great and very tiring day for getting my WOD on.  I'd be lying if I wasn't looking forward to the metcon only day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment