23 August, 2011

23 August 2011

Ah the start of week two for CFSB.  I was very excited and a little nervous to see if my weight had improved.  I mean after all, that is the goal of this program.  To have improvement each time.  Let's see what I did.

Back Squat 3 x 5
230, 250, 280 (1)

Now you might think hey I only did one that is not an improvement!  Well think back to last week.  My highest then was 275 1 rep.  I wanted more and I failed then.  This time, Not only was I able to do more, but I know I could have done more.  However the workout is not about how much I CAN do, but how much I should do to achieve the training effect.  I've asked my body to do something it hasn't done before and now I need to back off and allow it to recover, get stronger, and then do it again next week.  Now in truth I should have finished the 5 reps and not stopped after the 1.  I misunderstood and at the time believed I was doing it correctly. So next week the goal will be 285 and the Rx set.  Either way, I'm still happy.

12 minute Cindy

AMRAP in 12 minutes of:
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
Sets: 12

I got what my goal was so again I can't complain.  After this was done I worked on headstands.  They have improved much since the first time.  After I was done with that I figured I would try a handstand.  Yeah those have not improved much but they will!

No comments:

Post a Comment