27 August, 2011

27 August 2011

As I mentioned today I was going to do shoulder press for my strength workout.  My shoulders do feel better from yesterday but I knew it was going to be a challenge.  To add to the challenge, I mixed things up by doing a WOD first before the strength workout.  Without further ado.....

15 min. AMRAP
100m run
10 wall ball 20#
10 hand release push-ups
Total: 9 + 100m run

Most of us were in agreement that the most challenging thing was the push-ups.  The first rounds of them were fine but as you go along your arms want to give out.

Shoulder Press 3 x 5
95, 115, 120 (3)

I had planned on doing 5 x 3 but I forgot!  It's all good.  Sadly as I expected I did not get the 5 reps on the last round.  While yes the weight was increased from the week, I still didn't do it as Rx.

Shoulder Press 12=>15
95# (11)

By one!  I missed by one.  I was not happy and I ended up trying again after a couple minutes.  We won't discuss the second attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment