16 August, 2011

16 August 2011

Day 2 of the CFSB and much like yesterday, I am wiped!  In a good way of course.  I feel great!  I actually got up a little early today and I figured why sit around and do nothing so I went out for a 1 mile run.  The last mile run I did was on Memorial day for Murph.  I was very curious to see what my time was going to be.

1 mile run
Time: 6:57

Now I know that is not a stellar time by any means.  I was looking for a 6:30.  At the same time, I'm surprised it wasn't worse!  While doing the CFSB I really need to work in some CFE time to knock down the time.

Deadlifts 3 x 3
275, 295, 315#

I wish they had bumper plates at globo gyms.  Then again I still find it funny that you're not allowed to drop the weights or make excessive noise.  One day they will learn.  Anyways, so I felt that I was keeping good form (weight in heels, shoulders slightly ahead of the bar, hamstrings engaged, gorilla/happy back, core tight, etc...) but on the last two lifts I could tell that I rounded my back.  I need to make sure to not lose that.

Next on the list for today was more deadlifts!

Deadlifts 1 x 20
205#

I think that I could do more weight but what I am having trouble with is my grip.  By the 15th rep I'm holding on to the bar for dear life.  I refuse to put it down!  I know in time it will improve but it had better come soon because the weight is not about to get lighter!

After that was done I needed to work on a skill.  I pulled one from the pages of CrossFit SoCal and did a tabata hollow rock.  Eesh it was just as painful as I remember!  After that was done I did a tabata superman then headed out to the box for the WOD.

15 AMRAP

20 Double unders
10 Pull-ups
10 Squats
Rounds: 12

I'm sorry to day I actually got a rip on my palm.  Not really sorry but a little surprised.  Since I have started using that awesome tape job I mentioned several weeks back, I have had no additional rips.  This, along with cutting callous has greatly improved the non ripping.  Well this was not a callous ripping.  The is the middle of my hand.  The only thing I can come up with is my hands have been a little dry and that certainly would not help when you're knocking out 120 pull-ups.  I didn't even feel it until I was done.  Hey rips are a part of CrossFit and I'm good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment