29 August, 2011

29 August 2011 CFSB Week 3 Day 1

Almost at the halfway mark with the CFSB program.  So far I am pleased with the progress.  It has been gradual but steady.  I think I am going to pick up from fractional plates though.  While there is nothing wrong with adding 5# each time to each lift, I feel at some point that is going to be too much and as a result I will fail the lift.  Not that I have an issue with failing a lift, but I want to do my best to have continued progress each week even if it is only by 1kg I will take it.  I ordered some weightlifting shoes.  They should be here on Thursday.  Just in time for Friday which is Front Squats!  It makes since that the first lift I will use them with is also my favorite lift.  I can't wait.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how they help me with a solid foundation.  Anyways, on to the workout and WOD.

Back Squat 3 x 3
255, 270, 280

Notice that my last lift is 280# just like last week.  I was really debating on this one.  On one hand I wanted to bump it up to 285# for the reason I said above, continued progress.  However, I did not do the lift correctly last week.  I only did 1 rep not the 5 I was supposed to do.  Even though I honestly thought I was doing it correctly, I still failed.  After thinking it over I felt it was best to hit the 280# again and this time get Rx.  While I did get it done, wow.  Not going to lie, that was a bit heavy with 3 reps.  I can see for next week I'm REALLY going to have to focus if I want that 285#.  Perhaps I will have new plates by then and it will only be an extra 2.2 pounds (1kg).  We shall see.

Continued with some skill work with headstands and handstands.  My headstand has greatly improved since the beginning of this program.  I figured why not try some handstands.  I did my best to not hit the wall with my feet but it is still a work in progress.

When I saw the WOD for today I already knew it was going to be a tough one.  My cap was 15 minutes and my goal was 3 rounds.  Anything after that was gravy.

5 rounds for time of:

12 Front Squats 135#
12 Pull-ups
12 Burpees
400m run
Total: 3 rnds + 7 FS

I was happy with the results.  Once I'm done with the CFSB I want to do this WOD again.  I felt it had a really good mix and really made you work to get each round done.

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing! I can't even begin to imagine doing half the things you do :)

    I want to tone my arms, not build muscle. Any advice?

    How's the recruitment thing coming along? Haven't heard about it in a while. Hope you're well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll message you on the other topics :-)

    ReplyDelete