28 July, 2011

28 July 2011

At CrossFit SoCal last nite we did one of my least favorite lifts.  The dreaded OHS.  I say dreaded and least favorite because it is one of those lifts that is really a challenge for me.  I can keep my shoulders active, arms locked, elbows out, feet slightly pointed.  What I struggle with (as I'm sure others do), it keeping my knees out.  For this lift, it has not yet become second nature.  I can squat fine but for this lift I really have to concentrate on it.  For that reason I did the level 1 of the WOD rather than the level 2.  While I can OHS 135 lbs., to do so 50 times correctly would have been difficult for me to say the least.  This doe not mean that level 1 was not a challenge for me.  On the contrary, because I did do a lighter load, I made sure I was paying attention even more.  What is the point of doing a lighter load to make sure I am working on form if I'm not actually paying attention.

5 rounds for time of:
10 OHS 95 lbs.
10 KB swings 1.5 pood
Time: 8:43

At SoCal, they only teach the American swing which I have grown to like a lot more.  KB's are probably my favorite piece of equipment and I love pounding out some swings with them.


As promised I snapped a couple of pictures of SoCal's box.  Check out their site or FB page for more.










No comments:

Post a Comment