17 July, 2011

17 July 2011

Today for me was a rest day.  Well a rest day being no WOD but I still did stretching.  There shouldn't be a day when you are not stretching.  I'm working on making it a habit on stretching in the morning and at nite.  The nite one I have down.  It's the morning one I'm still working on.

This past week I did a lot of pull-ups and muscle-ups.  Sometimes when doing these exercises, your hands might rip as well as your wrists.  It's no fun.  Something I've gotten used to at this point.


What to do?!

Well there was a video posted on CFI's WOD page a few days ago about taping your hands.  While this isn't the only way to tape your hands, it sounds pretty good to me.  I will be trying this out the next time we have pull-ups (which I wouldn't be surprised if that is tomorrow) and will report back.


Taping your hands for pull-ups from CrossFit Los Angeles on Vimeo.


This brings me to my next point.  How are my hands ripping?  Well it is because of callus.  I did not trim mine this past week and believe me I regret it now.  I will be cutting mine tomorrow.  In the mean time, check out the video below on one way to keep your hands smooth.  Though you will probably still rip....



How to take care of calluses on your hands from CrossFit Los Angeles on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment