11 July, 2011

11 July 2011

Today's WOD we did one of my favorite lifts, the Front Squat.  There is just something about this lift that I love over the back squat.  Toes, pointed, chest up, drive with your elbows!!  Sometimes you will be rewarded with a nice bruise near your collarbone.  At least you know you had it close!  This is perfect that this WOD came up because I'm getting ready to start the 6 week cycle of CFSB but I would like to find out where I stand on certain sets and lifts.  This just happens to be one of them.  One down, more to go.  I can tell you, I was freaking tired after this.  I did however get a second wind due to the 5 minutes of AMRAP for double unders we did after.  That should be no surprise because Tiggers like to bounce!

Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3

185-195-205-215-225 (2)

While performing the squats I was really focusing on keeping my toes pointed and pushing my knees out making sure they did not bow in.  I feel overall I have pretty good body awareness.  For example I can tell when my foot was more than slightly pointed without having to stop and look and readjusted accordingly.  Also to keep the core tight.  If you don't have a tight core, you are not getting back up.  That is not what happened in the last set.  I just plain ran out of gas.


5 min. AMRAP Double Unders
Total:300

I did hit a PR (technically on both) with the double unders.  93 unbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment