18 July, 2011

18 July 2011

So today I was able to try the taping method that I posted yesterday and I have the results.  It actually works really well.  It protected my rip while not over taking my hand I guess you can say.  Yes I could have used grips or gloves but I'm trying my best to stay away from them unless I really need them say for example 100 pull-ups.  Then I would probably use grips but even then, I may just try the tape.  you can't use grips in competition!  Not that I am competing.

We had one of my most challenging lifts today, the overhead squat.  My biggest problem is keeping my feet pointing forward and keeping my shoulders up.  I don't have a problem with keeping my arms locked or getting below parallel.  I feel that I am fairly aware to keep my core tight and to keep my chest up.  In any event I knew I would not be able to have good form if I attempted this WOD as Rx.  I dropped it down from 135 to 115.  I have to say by the third round, I was having trouble with, surprise not keeping my core tight.  For some reason I could not for the life of me chain my double unders today.  I was really having a hard time with them!  Some days you're off.  I do need to continue to work on my form as the reps continue with OHS to make sure my form isn't lacking.   


3 rounds for time of: 
10 Overhead Squats 115
50 Double Unders
Time: 5:16 not Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment