27 July, 2011

27 July 2011

Yesterday I was back at it for the second time at CrossFit SoCal.  Since the initial meet and greet had been done, I felt more comfortable getting right to it. There were more new people that I had not met and just like the day before, they came up to me said hey and welcomed me.  TRY GETTING THAT AT A GLOBO GYM.

Warm Up:

400m run
10 walking quad stretches per leg
10 walking knees to chest per leg
10 toy soldiers per leg
10 reverse toy soldiers per leg
10 spiderman walks
10 inch worms
Shoulder pass throughs
10 OHS w/ pvc
5 jumping pull-ups
10 kipping pull-ups
5 chest to bar pull-ups
10 ring dips
10 GHD sit-ups
10 GHD back extensions

When I see the warm up it reminds me of the saying "Your workout is our warm up."  I'm sure some people would say yeah I'm done right after that.  Remember at SoCal this is the warm-up.  You still do a skill and a lift BEFORE the WOD.  It was great being able to use the GHD.  I have only used one other time before so I had my friend show me the proper form for the sit-ups and the back extensions.  You feel the love on a GHD trust me.

Now the WOD from yesterday was brought to us by Coach Rich.  Again like Coach Nick, he was motivating and encouraging to pick up that bar and get it done.  Now prior to starting the WOD, I asked my friend the proper rowing technique.  Again, this is something I haven't had a lot of time on and wanted to make sure I was efficient in it rather than just pulling the chain.  Once we were done Coach Rich came over and showed us all how to row correctly as well.  When you start your torso in angled forward, i.e. 11 o'clock.  You need to initiate the drive with your legs, pushing off while maintaining your body angle.  As your legs are fully extended you are going to pull the handle up to your upper abdomen and lean back, i.e. 1 o'clock position.  When returning you extend your arms back out and as the handle passes your knees, being to bend your knees and get back to the starting position.  I'm summarizing but that is the basic concept.

Row 1000 then
5 rounds for time:
15 SDHP 95#
15 ring dips
30 sit-ups
Time: 25:34 not Rx

The thing that killed me on this was the ring dips.  With the SDHP, I was able to string them together fairly easily.  15 for the first set, then 9 and 6 for the rest.  The dips however.........the first set was 11 followed by 4.  After that it went downhill.  By the 4th round I was starting with 3 at a time but was finishing up with 1 at a time and this was kipping back up.  That is why I'm calling this not Rx since I couldn't do it without kipping.

I learned how to Jhook on the rope on Monday and yesterday I learned the proper technique for rowing and GHD.  There is such a wealth of knowledge and I will not let it go to waste.  I can't wait to see what I learn today!

On a side note, I did take pics but it was with my cell phone and they did not come out well.  I am bringing my regular camera today.

No comments:

Post a Comment