21 July, 2011

21 July 2011

Today I decided to make it a strength day.  One of the days from CFSB just to give it a go to see what it would be like.  Yep.....I'm tired.  That's a good thing!  I worked my butt off today and you can better believe I stretched too.  Someone asked me what do I do for stretching at home.  If you go to the box, for the most part those are the stretches I do sans pull-ups, ring dips (that's just because my rings aren't up in my house but I do have rings!).  I have a pvc pipe for whirly birds, OHS, pass through.  I have an abmat for sit-ups, a box for jumps.  A very nice wall for squat therapy and the oh so wonderful couch stretch.  I also have a pvc pipe wrapped in a yogi (yes I meant to spell it that way) mat.  I just do a little bit of everything as far as stretching at home nothing over the top.

Front Squat
5 x 3

145, 165, 190 #s

The goal of course was for me to fail on the last set while of course giving everything I had.  Let me tell you I BARELY got the last rep in.  If it had been 5 pounds more, it shouldn't have happened.  So while I did not fail, I can assure you I had to work for that and felt like I had just finished a metcon.

Back Squat
1 x 15-20

185#

I would say it was about 3-5 minutes after the front squats did I attempt the back squat.  By the 5th one my body was screaming put the weight down!  I managed to get to 15 but no more.

The above workouts were not the WOD at the box today.  The WOD for today:

21-15-9 reps rounds of

Deadlift (70% 1RM)  225#
Box jumps 24''  I did 30''
Time: 6:56

Since we got new 30'' boxes in last nite, I couldn't just stare at them and not use it!  Yeah my hamstrings are definitely done.  Rest day tomorrow i.e. lots of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment