15 July, 2011

15 July 2011

First off a big thank you to the CF Affiliates page for posting my 3 year story and thanks to Coach Conan for submitting it!  It was a big surprise and certainly ended my week on a high note.  I hope that I was able to inspire someone to take the first step to getting fit.

So yesterday I got my package!  What was in said package?  Well my Inov-8 Army Green 230s!  This is my very first pair of Inov-8s.  I was using my Onitsuka Tigers which had very little lift and cushion, but there really is a big difference between the two.  Just like everyone has said, the Inov-8 make you strike mid foot.  I briefly tried them yesterday but it was today's WOD that I was going to get a chance to really try them out.

This month on Friday's the box has featured Coaches WOD.  These WODs are created by each of our coaches and features the things they like.  Today we had a WOD from Coach Nate.  I'm telling you I was so happy to have had my one on one yesterday with muscle-ups because guess what we had today?!


Naidas


6 rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts, (~80% 1RM) (315 lb. for me)
400 m Run
3 Muscle-ups
Time: 22:28

Yes you read that right 6 rounds.  He had to add in that extra one for fun.  When first thinking about this WOD I guessed that the most challenging thing for me was going to be muscle-ups.  While I knew the fundamentals of the muscle-ups prior to yesterday, I had never really put them all together.  What a great WOD to see if I had learned anything from last nite!  Surprisingly, the muscle-ups were not the hardest.  It was the deadlifts.  My form totally broke down from the 4th round on.  At that point I just wanted the bar up and off of the ground.  I was trying to keep my form and pay attention to it but I could tell I wasn't really taking the time needed to get it right which is bad.  Proper form is more important versus chasing the clock.  I was dropping my shoulders and starting too low.  Next time, when I realize my form is incorrect, I need to step back, breath, and get it done.  Overall though I am happy that I was able to complete the WOD as Rx.  My arms are about to fall off but who cares!  As Coach said, " "F*&# It" and get your WOD on".

No comments:

Post a Comment