01 September, 2011

01 September 2011 WOD, reviews, Paleo

Ah the first of September.  You know what that means?  Besides it being a day to workout I have no clue!  I realized today that I have equipment/products that I use such as jump ropes, board shorts, new Rogue Do-Wins (trying them out tomorrow!) for when I work out but I don't really talk about them all that much.  I mean yeah you can just buy a jump rope or wear shoes thinking it's all one in the same but it really isn't.  Having that custom cut rope made for you, that 24'' box you can hop on whenever you want, those kick ass knee high socks to protect your shins (I don't care what anyone says about them, I love them), or even that pvc pipe leaning on the wall next to your bed can make a difference.  So every now and then, I will put up a review of some of the things I use, why I like them and stuff like that.  I'm not sure if it will be helpful to anyone (or if anyone cares) but if you're deciding on whether or not to purchase something like your first set of weightlifting shoes and you're not sure which ones, hopefully I will be able to assist you in your decision and can point you to other sources for other reviews/opinions.

If you have been keeping up with my schedule, you know that there was no strength lift for today.  Just a straight WOD.  Please note that due to some upcoming events for the next 3 weekends, 31 heroes WOD on 03 September, CF Cert the following weekend, and FGB at CF 717 the next, my CFSB schedule will change.  Instead of finishing on 17 September, it will be sometime in the following week.

WOD

5 rnds for time:

21 KB Swing (Russian swing.1 pood)
21 KTE
21 Double Unders
Time: 14:46

Very rarely in CF do we KB swing Russian style.  We typically do American style so it was a nice change.  To be honest if we had done American I would have ended up snatching the KB and destroying my shoulders which would have done me no good for the KTE.  Speaking of KTE.....

Hand rip

That would be the product of my KTE tonite.  Now mind you this is the first rip I have had since I started taping this way but with the amount of KTE we had, I honestly was not surprised.  A friend of mine/Coach gave me a tip about preventing rips:

"Preparation H. The gymnastics training center I've been going to recommends putting Preparation H on your hands before you go to bed. This tightens the skin on your hands so the skin doesn't fold when you grip bars. just put in on your calluses, not your entire hand"

My friend and new CrossFit Affiliate owner (Congrats again!) Anitra who I met on the forum Baconandburpees (why are you not a member yet?  Get to it!) wrote a very nice article about Paleo Zone and how to get started.  It is, appropriately named, Paleo Zone For Dummies: How to Get Started - Step by Step Guide.  It has a lot of valuable information in it complete with pics and a great excel spreadsheet to help you with the blocking system.  I strongly suggest giving it a read.  While your at it, bookmark and share it with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment