09 September, 2011

09 September 2011

If you think the number 7 is lucky, then I have a workout for you that may change your tune.  No strength for today.  Just a good old fashion WOD.  There wasn't really any hiding the fact that this was going to push you a bit especially with a time cap.  You know to be honest, I like having a time cap on WODs.  I mean of course you have the goal of finishing as quickly and efficiently as possible with good form, but sometimes the time may go on for a bit.  With a cap, I feel that it just gives you that extra push to keep you going especially near the end when you "think" you want to take a quick break but realize you won't finish if you do.

(UN)Lucky 7's (pulled from The WOD Shop under triplets)

7 rnds for time of:  (added time cap of 20 minutes)

7 Squat Clean 135/95# (men/women)
7 Burpees
7 Pull-ups
Time: 18:15

The regular workout calls for no time cap but on the CFSB program, there is a 20 min. max.  As if I didn't do enough burpees for yesterday....no vest for this one.  I felt this was a pretty good WOD.  One that I would like to visit again in the future to compare times.


In reagrds to the burpees comment, yesterday was a "special day" for me in which burpees are required.  Sadly my first go was horrible with me landing on my toes on most of them.  As I should have, I got called out on it.  Heck I called myself out.  So I said I would do another set.  It was "suggested" that the next set was done with the 20# weighted vest.  So it was.....

Round 1 (bad)

Round 2 (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment