06 September, 2011

06 September 2011

CFSB today and for the rest of the week.  At least until the weekend.  Up today was the ever so fun back squat.  I have to admit, I actually kind of look forward to doing it.  More so because I want to see if I can keep adding 5# to it and stand back up.  Today, I was successful doing just that.

Back Squat 3 x 3
255, 270, 285

I kept the first two sets as the same as last week but bumped up the last one by 5.  No surprise, it was frigging heavy.  Kind of reminded me of last week only with more.  In any event, I did it!  I was also gasping when I was done but who cares I did it!

Today for the WOD, I decided to try my hand again at one I did on 15 August.  My time then was 7:54.  Not horrible but I wanted to see if I could beat it even if only by a couple of seconds.

1 Power Clean and Jerk 115#
1 Round Cindy
2 Power Clean and Jerk 115#
1 Round Cindy
3 Power Clean and Jerk 115#
1 Round Cindy
4 Power Clean and Jerk 115#
1 Round Cindy
5 Power Clean and Jerk 115#
1 Round Cindy
Time: 6:31



Yep soooo I beat it.  By more than a couple of seconds!  To say I was happy is an understatement.  Tomorrow I have the ever so fun deadlifts (break out the knee high socks!) and after I'm done with that I will be really looking forward to my rest day on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment