19 September, 2011

13 September 2011

Back in action with the shoulder press.  The one lift I desperately want to increase my load with.  Overall I can not complain with the progress I have made so far.  I am looking forward to testing out my 1RM once the CFSB program is done.  As of today (assuming nothing changes), I have 14 days left.  I can't believe it has almost been 6 weeks already since I started.  I will make a little chart up to show where I was and where I am now once I am done.  The thing you have to remember is, even if it is not a huge gain, it is still a gain.  The purpose isn't to all of a sudden add 40# to a lift.  It is about gradually increasing your weight over time.  In order to to that it takes.....TIME.  This won't be my last cycle of CFSB but I will stop for a couple of weeks.

Shoulder Press 3 x 5

100, 120, 125 (3)

I may have psyched myself out for the last lift.  On the 120# last rep, I struggled to get it over my head.  At that point I was thinking hmmm can I actually do more???  Of course when I started the 125# I wasn't thinking that but I'm sure it was in the back of my head.  What should have been there instead was I can lift this.  I will repeat this set again next week.

Shoulder Press 12 => 15

11 100#

I couldn't believe I didn't get the last one!  I have nothing to say about that because while I feel I did push, I still think I should have been able to get that.

Double Under Helen

3 rnds for time:

50 Double Unders
21 KB Swing 53#
12 Pull-Ups

Time: 8:30

The list time I did this WOD was on 20 August.  I Smashed my last time by 2:45.

Later in the evening a group of us from CrossFit Impavidus headed over to Apex Gymnastics in Leesburg.  This was our first, but definitely not our last trip.  It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment