12 September, 2011

12 September 2011



What a great weekend!  I went to the CrossFit Level 1 Certification hosted by Trident CrossFit in Alexandria. I can't begin to tell you how much knowledge was in that box.  It was an amazing experience and I would encourage everyone to go to at least one even if you don't plan on coaching.  Personally I plan on going to another one.  How often to you get to hear from elite athletes telling you all about the foundational movements, getting to do said movements with them in a group environment and get critiqued by them and your peers. I am just talking about only a very small fraction of how the class was.  Totally awesome.

Now to the workouts today:

Front Squat 5 x 3
205, 220, 235, 225, 225

One of the many things I learned on the weekend is when it comes to my squat, I have a tendency to let my knees cave in when squatting.  This obviously is wrong and will not help me in getting a good squat.  So I thought about what I learned in class.  When squatting, think about having a hand just on the outside of your knee and you have to push that hand away with your knee.  That is what works for me and I was really concentrating on doing that.  I would say it worked out.

Back Squat 12 => 20
195# 15 reps

Again, I was really trying to focus on my knees tracking out and not in.  It makes a difference!


Every minute on the minute (10 min. cap) complete the following:
1 Strict HSPU
1 Strict Pull-up
Increase by one every minute.

Total Rounds completed Rx: 3
Total Rounds completed 5 + 4 HSPU

It was the HSPU that got me!

No comments:

Post a Comment