28 September, 2011

27 September 2011

This was my last front squat day for the CFSB.  A nice way to finish up if you ask me.  My goal was simple.  Get more from the last time!  No metcon today.

Front Squat 5 x 3
215, 220, 230, 235, 240

That is a new PR for me and I couldn't be happier!  What is even better about this is my 1RM was 245# a couple months back.  I am only 5# off from that with 3 reps so in theory, my 1RM should have a little increase!  That is all good by me.  After this workout I practiced on my hand stands.  I am getting better.  I figured out part of my problem.  I was not staying hollowed out with my core when I would pop up.  Now that I am aware of that and I'm correcting it, I can stay up longer.  Now I just need to get the weight in the right part of my hands.  Progress!  Finally I went up to Apex Gymnastics with some friends and we got to play in the foam pit!

No comments:

Post a Comment