07 September, 2011

07 September 2011

I"m pretty sure I have said this every time after deadlift day.... I am so glad tomorrow is a rest day.  It just completely wipes me out.  Today it was even worse though.  During my squats on the last set my right leg got a nice tweak to it which more or less stopped my squats cold.  I was just happy I got 10 at that point.  For the pull-ups I was looking for 25 which would have given me 5 more from the last time I did it but no, I got the exact same amount.  My body totally quit on me at that point but I did my best to push it regardless.

Deadlift 3 x 3
295, 315, 335 (2)

Two reasons I did not get the last rep.  One, I lost my grip.  Two, which is the more important point, I lost my lumbar curve.  As I was lifting the bar up I could tell I had rounded my back like a Halloween cat so I dropped.  There is no point in lifting if I am lifting it incorrectly.  It is better to have less weight with proper form.  I have a feeling this will be my cut off point in terms of adding weight for the deadlift.  When this comes back up next week, I will really be paying attention to making sure my form is correct.

Deadlift 15-12-9
190#

Not a whole lot to say about this lift.  It was 5# more from last week with proper form and no issues.

Tabata Push-ups and Tabata Squats
19-10-9-8-8-8-8-8
17-17-16-16-16-16-16-10

Push-ups went as expected.  In fact, they were better then 09 August.  The squats on the other hand are a different matter.

2 min. max strict pull-ups
20 reps

Oh some stretching will be had tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment