24 October, 2011

23 October 2011 - 2 pood

For quite some time I have used Sunday as a rest day.  Seeing as I do not want to get in the habit of having the same rest days, I decided of changing it up.  What better way to get my WOD on for a Sunday then with my first ever 2 pood (70#) WOD!  It was challenging (which is always good), and I was happy that I did it.  You really have to make sure your form is on point because you will seriously mess yourself up swinging a 2 pood if not done correctly.

5 rnds for time of:
7 Squat Cleans 155#
14 kettelbell swing 2 pood
Time: 15:28

I didn't really set a time goal for this one.  This was more, finish the workout without hurting yourself!  That doesn't mean I wasn't pushing.  I was pushing as hard I could.  Got a little dizzy.  No pukie.  My sweat angel had a very nice wing span!  You better believe I stretched/mobilized for like 15 minutes right after too.  I need to record myself doing squat cleans. While overall I felt I was doing the relay race correctly for the squat cleans, I want to see it and also have a few people critique me on it.  Not going to get better or lift heavier if I'm not doing it correct!  Even a little extra bit of a shrug, faster elbows, whatever it is, will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment