09 October, 2011

09 October 2011: ICE

As I mentioned earlier in the week I knew I had to get CFT done.  I needed to see where I was at after the CFSB program.  Well I finally got it done today.  I will show the WOD for today but tomorrow I will put up a before and after thing showing my measurable improvements.  Trust I have some!  Before getting to the WOD, I went ice skating.  Who doesn't love ice skating?!  My skates have barely been used but that is changing this season for sure.  I actually got a friend to come with! Good times were had.

CFT
Back Squat 1 rep  295#
Shoulder Press 1 rep 140#
Deadlift 1 rep 335#
Total: 770#

The BS and SP were new PRs for me.  +70 for the BS and +5 for the SP.  I figured the SP was not going to be a really huge gain.  It is one of my weakest lifts.  Regardless, whether it is 60 or 5 it IS measurable improvement and that is the name of the game.  Overall I am very happy with the lifts mentioned above and overall my performance.  I guess it has done something to me physically because (not being vain), a few people have mentioned that they have noticed I have trimmed up and have some more bulk.  I associate that with eating correctly and getting in the box.  I would say sleep too but that would just be a lie.  Something I continue to try to work on but sleep evades me over and over.

So many extra activities coming:  Bowling, ice skating, gymnastics, races, and whatever else comes up.  I'm looking forward to all of them not just because they are exercise but because they are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment