22 October, 2011

21 October 2011

My favorite lift ever!  The wonderful Front Squat.  Really why more people don't like this squat I have no clue. Maybe people don't like having to keep their elbows up.  Or that slight choking sensation with the bar right up on you.  Personally it is those things that I like about it.  If you don't keep your elbows up, the bar will go down or you just won't get the lift.  If it's not too close to you, the weight can go forward and you will dump.  I like having to make sure I do those things.  Plus a strength day means I get to pull out my Rogue Do-Wins which I haven't used in a week or so.  During the CFSB the sets would usually be 3 x 5 or 5 x 3.  Today we had 5 x 5.  Something I had not done before but I was looking forward to it.

Front Squat 5 x 5
205, 215, 225, 235, 255 (1)

I was very happy with the fact I got up to 255#.  I was shooting for 2 reps but when I went down for the second one, that weight was not coming back up.  E for effort!

Tabata sit-ups

14, 13, 13, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Score: 12

Not too bad.  Was planning on keeping that 13 though.  I missed it by half a second.  Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment