11 October, 2011

11 October 2011

If there is one exercise I hate it is the dreaded toes to bar.  Why do I hate them you may ask.  Well simply for the fact that I suck at them.  How do I get better to not suck?  By doing them.  It doesn't matter if you like an exercise or not, whatever is posted for the WOD is what you do.  Sure you may have to scale but the point is don't skip on just because it is something you find difficult.  In fact those are the WODs you really need to be there for.  Attack your weaknesses.  They will always be a weakness if you choose to not practice them.  You know what?  I'm glad I did go.  Not only did I practice my weakness but I had a dramatic increase in my performance from the last time.  The secret to that is I practiced!  I worked on my technique and I honestly have to say I don't hate them as much after today.  I felt a sense of accomplishment today and it feels awesome.

15 AMRAP

10 Wall ball 20#
10 Toes to bar
10 Box Jumps 24''
Total: 7 +5 wall ball

The first three sets I did unbroken which I just couldn't believe.  I can tell you right now this same WOD a couple of months ago I would have been lucky to get 5 sets.  PRACTICE MAKES BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment