13 November, 2011

Recap: Wed, Fri, Sat

09 November

That day was a strength day with OHS.  I have not had too many strength days with those so it was a nice change.  Considering this is one of my weaker lifts, it is something I like to see.

OHS 5-5-5-5-5

115-125-135-145-155

I lifted more then I thought I was going to honestly so this was a very nice surprise!

After that, I decided to do another workout one using the rope.  I can only recall using the rope two other times in a WOD so I figured why not.  Yeah.......I was laid out after I was done.


12 Thrusters 135 lbs
4 Rope Climbs
9 Thrusters 135 lbs
2 Rope Climbs
6 Thrusters 135 lbs
1 Rope Climb
Time: 11:20

11 November

To celebrate Veterans Day, we did a Hero WOD at the box.  I know you are probably thinking it was Murph but you would be wrong!  We did Daniel.


50 Pull-ups
400 meter run
95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
800 meter run
95 pound Thruster, 21 reps
400 meter run
50 Pull-ups
Time: 17:37

95# isn't a whole lot if you think about it but add the run and pull-ups to it and it feels like it is way heavier.  The next day I could really feel my lats with all of those pull-ups.

12 November

Had two things going on this day.  The first is the Saturday WOD at the box then the nearly naked mile run at Reston Town Center!

So the the WOD at the box


In this WOD you are only counting the total amount of runs completed. The person that starts the run takes the plate and runs 100m. Once complete they go to the end of the line where they will tag the person doing abmat sit-ups and they will begin their sit-ups. The person that was doing sit-ups tags the next person and so on until the person at the front of the line is tagged then starts their run.
20 MIN CAP:
100 m Run (bumper plate) 45/25
Sit-up (abmat)
Rest
Ground To Overhead 45 lbs
Rest
Knees-to-elbows
Rest
Box Jump
Rest

Our team completed 24.

For the mile run I ran with a 20# vest.  I finished 7:02.  Not horrible at all.  Thought I was actually going to be slower.


No comments:

Post a Comment