25 November, 2011

23 November 2011

Since it had been a little over a month since I had done a strength bias with Front Squat, I figured it was time.  I can't stay away from my favorite lift too long!

Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3
220, 225, 235, 245, 255 (2)

As I suspected on the last one I bowed my knees in.  This is something I am aware of that I do and continue to work on it.  I can feel when I do it.  I was not pushing out hard enough and as a result, I collapsed.  It's not enough to keep you knees over your toes, you really need to push your knees out hard the entire time.

Back Squat 12 =>20
205# 12 reps

That was heavy especially after the FS but I did do 10# more from the last time but 3 reps less.

Now for the WOD.  Keep in mind this whole day I took from one of my CFSB days.  I wanted to see if I had improved overall.

21-15-9 rep rounds of
Deadlifts 225#
Box Jump 30''
Time: 6:22

34 seconds faster from the last time!  No complaints on that.  I did apparently forget to jump or something one time and smashed my knee on the box.  As my friend said "jump higher."  Words of wisdom.....

No comments:

Post a Comment